Shoutit is a platform for connecting buyers and sellers. Whether you're looking to find a graphic designer, get coffee delivered to your office, sell used furniture, buy a new iPad or help find a band for your daughter’s wedding, we want everyone to have a safe and enjoyable experience, so it's important to act in a respectful and responsible manner.
Please take a moment to review these Marketplace Rules.
Trust and Safety
Participating in the Shoutit marketplace involves real people and real stuff. It's essential to protect yourself and use common sense, just like any other time you do business with someone new.
- Always meet in a public place, like a café or bank. Avoid doing large transactions in cash.
- Take care to protect your personal information, such as your name, address, phone number, credit card number. Only provide your personal information to the secure Shoutit application.
- The Shoutit application allows you to communicate directly with buyers and sellers, so there should never be a need to share your personal information with others.
Shoutit users are other people from your local community, you never know who you might meet-- they may even be someone you already know. Your reputation is your most valuable asset. It's imperative that everyone be treated with courtesy and respect.
Harassment, sexual solicitation and the use of inappropriate or hateful language are strictly prohibited. Please report any abusive communications sent through Shoutit using email@example.com
All offers posted on Shoutit must comply with all applicable local laws and regulations. Don't post anything that is not legal to sell where you are located.
Prohibited Goods and Services: You can offer to buy just about anything on Shoutit, but here are some things that aren't allowed:
- Sexual activity of any kind or obtaining goods or services for purposes of sexual gratification is prohibited.
- Drugs, alcohol or tobacco products, including prescription drugs, drug paraphernalia (rolling papers, pipes, etc.) or other controlled substances are prohibited. Over-the-counter medicine is okay.
- Anything related to weapons or unlawful activity is prohibited. This includes soliciting, inducing or encouraging illegal acts or requesting goods or services in furtherance of a crime.
- Animals, plants and insects that are regulated or prohibited for sale under applicable laws.
- Blood, bodily fluids and body parts.
- Embargoed goods.
- Items designed to be used to commit a crime including not without limitation burglary tools, false identification and items used to manufacture illegal explosives or controlled substances.
- Material that infringes copyrights, trademarks or other third party rights.
- Counterfeit or fraudulent items.
- Obscene material, child pornography or material that is harmful to minors.
- Prescription drugs, medical devices, controlled substances, illegal drugs, or drug paraphernalia.
- Nonprescription drugs that make false or misleading claims that might require an approval.
- Services or merchandise that promote hatred and violence against specific groups of people.
- Services that are illegal including without limitation prostitution.
- Stocks and other securities.
- Stolen goods or property with serial number removed or altered.
- Weapons (including but not limited to firearms, martial arts weapons, silencers, ammunition, disguised or switchblade knives, BB guns, stun guns or tear gas) and weapons parts.
- Items containing hazardous substances or pesticides.
- Content that can intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any regulations having the force of law, including the Civil Rights Act of 1866, the Fair Housing Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act.
If you suspect an offer may violate these policies, please report it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will review it accordingly.
Thank you for reading! Please follow these rules, use good judgment, and help us build the premiere social marketplace in the world!